The Dorchester Chamber of Commerce often has event postings that you can join and register for online! If you do not already have an online account with us and would like to become a subscriber, please register by clicking on the Subscribe to Register button below. Once you have subscribed, you will have the ability to login to your account and join events.
(Existing members are not required to subscribe. Please log in to your existing account.)
803 N. Salisbury Blvd.
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Lower Shore Addiction Awareness Visual Arts Competition
3 p.m.: United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore, 803 N. Salisbury Blvd, Ste 2100, Salisbury, MD 21801
The Lower Shore Addiction Awareness Visual Arts Competition, made possible by the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office and the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office, gives middle and high school students in Wicomico, Worcester, Dorchester and Somerset Counties an opportunity to impact the community through art by expressing how drug addiction affects them personally.
The Sheriff's Office is providing seized drug money to award as cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and honorable mentions, on both the middle and high school level for each county.
Winners will be announced and placing artwork will be displayed on May 19th at 3rd Friday in Salisbury.
1. Open to middle school and high school students in Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset and Dorchester Counties.
2. Students may submit one piece of art: paintings, drawings, collages, mixed media, photography, sculpture or video.
3. Submissions may be up to 28" x 28" and no more than 15 lbs.
4. Film submissions must be on USB.
5. Artwork must be ready to be displayed
6. Artwork must be submitted to the student's home school art teacher no later than April 1st. Entries will not be accepted if delivered directly to United Way.
Questions? Contact Olivia Momme: 410-742-5143 or email@example.com